The Gbarnga School of Theology
The Gbarnga School of Theology or the College of Theology is located in Gbarnga City, Bong County, and is the longest serving component of the University system.
The School of Theology (College of Theology) was established in 1959 to train lay pastors for then Methodist Episcopal Church which later became The United Methodist Church.
The Gbarnga School of Theology (College of Theology) in 1971 gained the ecumenical status when the Lutheran Church of Liberia (LCL) joined in partnership to operate the school. The Protestant Episcopal church of Liberia later joined the partnership as an affiliate member in 1973 to train their pastors. Today, the College of Theology offers diplomas, associate and bachelor degrees in the following disciplines: General Theology, Religious Education, Sacred Theology,and Missions and Leadership Development.