Library and Research Services
The University has a variety of books collection in the library. The library reference section includes faculty assigned books and other resources that students can use in research, study, and exploration. The University allows students to borrow books for a limited me (see library policy). All borrowed books must be returned within the speciﬁed time frame to avoid payment penalty.
The Library computers are to be used strictly for the completion of assigned faculty academic work and research purposes, and not for personal business.
The Library staﬀ are very friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced in helping faculty, students, and staﬀ in accessing the resources in the library.
The Library opens Mondays—Fridays from 9:00 am—5:00 pm. Currently, there are no weekend hours for library operations.
The Research Center
The United Methodist University (UMU) through its partners, have established a
Research Center that provides opportunities for both faculty and students to
work together on research projects. The University has also set up an Institutional Review Board (IRB) to guide the conduct of research.
Facts and Figures
- Established 1998
- 169 administrative and support staff
- 355 teaching part-time and full-time staff
- 30 diploma, undergraduate and graduate programs
- 6 colleges
- A Graduate School of Technology
- 5000 plus students
- 61% Female enrollment
- 39% Male enrollment
- 4 campuses
- Affiliating Universities/Organizations
- Association of Liberian Universities
- Association of African University
- African Association of Methodist Institutions of Higher Education
- African Association of United Methodist Theological Institutions
- The International Association of Methodist Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business