Office of the Vice-President for Institutional Development and Advancement
The Vice President for Institutional Development & Advancement at the United Methodist University serves as the Chief Development and Advancement Officer responsible for designing, coordinating, and implementing comprehensive development and advancement initiatives to advance the University’s mission and programs.
The Office of Institutional Development and Advancement (OIDA) supports the development and advancement goals of the United Methodist University (UMU) by leading the fundraising (major gifts and gifts planning, and annual giving) efforts, including corporate & foundation relations, endowment, capital campaigns, university foundation, alumni and constituencies engagement, marketing and communications, and all related development and advancement activities that support the University in context with its mission.
The Office of Institutional Development and Advancement also focuses its efforts on securing private resources for the University to continue to deliver quality education, and promotes leadership and engagement of people who support the mission and goals of the United Methodist University and who are willing to volunteer to advance the University both nationally and internationally.
The Office of Institutional Development and Advancement also facilitates the understanding, participation, and support of the United Methodist University's board of directors, administration, faculty, staff, students, parents, education stakeholders, and policy makers who have an interest in advocating for and supporting the University to become a 21st century institution of higher learning with efficient and effective teaching and learning, and management practices.
Facts and Figures
- Established 1998
- 169 administrative and support staff
- 355 teaching part-time and full-time staff
- 30 diploma, undergraduate and graduate programs
- 7 colleges
- A Graduate School of Technology
- 5000 plus students
- 61% Female enrollment
- 39% Male enrollment
- 4 campuses
- Affiliating Universities/Organizations
- Association of Liberian Universities
- Association of African University
- African Association of Methodist Institutions of Higher Education
- African Association of United Methodist Theological Institutions
- The International Association of Methodist Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business