General Financial Information
The United Methodist University tuition and related fees are very reasonable for students and their families. The University understands the ﬁnancial situations of our families, and has instituted progressive payment scheme for students. Please reference the below category to determine your particular category for the payment of tuition and school related fees.
Currently Enrolled Students
The University requires an initial sixty percent (60%) payment of tuition and school related fees for students enrolled in the following colleges:
- College of Education
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Management and Administration
- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
- College of Theology
- College of Agriculture
- and the following departments (Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Zoology) in the College of Science and Technology
The remaining forty percent (40%) are payable as follows: Midterm—20% and Final Exam—20%.
The students enrolled in the Department of Information Technology within the College of Science and Technology are required to pay an initial eighty percent (80%). The remaining twenty percent (20%) are payable as follows: Midterm—10% and Final Exam—10%.
All new students are required to make an initial payment of seventy percent (70%) of tuition and school related fees. As indicated above, students matriculating into the Department of Information Technology will pay an initial eighty percent (80%). The remaining balances are equally spread out between mid-term and ﬁnal exams, respectively.
Academic Course Credit Breakdown
Non-science major—USD $15.00 per course credit Nursing and Science majors—USD $20.00 per course credit Information Technology major—USD $35.00 per course credit
Dormitory fees for students in the College of Theology, College of Agriculture, and the College of Health Sciences is USD $75.00 per semester.
The United Methodist University has a direct deposit policy for the payment of tuition and school r elated fees . The ﬁnancial institutions that the University work with have administrative fees that they charge the University. As the result, the University has determined the following refund scheme to be fair and equitable for both the University and students.
- Before the ﬁrst day of class, students will receive their full refund less 10% for administrative expenses.
- After the ﬁrst day of class to the end of Add and Drop, students will receive seventy ﬁve (75%) refund.
- After Add and Drop, no student refund.
For students to qualify for refund as per the above repayment scheme, students must contact both the admissions and ﬁnancial oﬃces in wring. The students are also advised to contact their respective department chairperson and deans.
Unless otherwise stated, all scholarship recipients are expected to honor the University policy for payment.
Generally, tuition and school related fees for 18 credit hours per semester for the various colleges are as follows:
The Colleges of Agriculture, Education, Theology, Management and Administration, and Liberal and Fine Arts
Students enrolled in one of the above listed college, pay approximately between USD $300.00—$400.00 for 18 credit hours per semester inclusive of all school related fees.
College of Health Sciences
Students enrolled in the College of Health Sciences, pay approximately between USD $400.00-$500.00 for 18 credit hours per semester inclusive of all school related fees.
College of Science and Technology
Students in the departments of Biology, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics pay approximately between USD $560.00—$600.00 for 18 credit hours per semester inclusive of all school related fees.
Students enrolled in the Information Technology Department pay approximately between USD $700.00—$800.00 for 18 credit hours per semester inclusive of all school related fees and textbooks.
Facts and Figures
- Established 1998
- 169 administrative and support staff
- 355 teaching part-time and full-time staff
- 30 diploma, undergraduate and graduate programs
- 6 colleges
- A Graduate School of Technology
- 5000 plus students
- 61% Female enrollment
- 39% Male enrollment
- 4 campuses
- Affiliating Universities/Organizations
- Association of Liberian Universities
- Association of African University
- African Association of Methodist Institutions of Higher Education
- African Association of United Methodist Theological Institutions
- The International Association of Methodist Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business