General Financial Information

The United Methodist University tuition and related fees are very reasonable for students and their families. The University understands the financial situations of our families, and has instituted progressive payment scheme for students. Please reference the below category to determine your particular category for the payment of tuition and school related fees.

Currently Enrolled Students

The University requires an initial sixty percent (60%) payment of tuition and school related fees for students enrolled in the following colleges:

  • College of Education
  • College of Health Sciences
  • College of Management and Administration
  • College of Liberal and Fine Arts
  • College of Theology
  • College of Agriculture
  • and the following departments (Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Zoology) in the College of Science and Technology


The remaining forty percent (40%) are payable as follows: Midterm—20% and Final Exam—20%.



The students enrolled in the Department of Information Technology within the College of Science and Technology are required to pay an initial eighty percent (80%). The remaining twenty percent (20%) are payable as follows: Midterm—10% and Final Exam—10%.



New Students

All new students are required to make an initial payment of seventy percent (70%) of tuition and school related fees. As indicated above, students matriculating into the Department of Information Technology will pay an initial eighty percent (80%). The remaining balances are equally spread out between mid-term and final exams, respectively.



Academic Course Credit Breakdown

Non-science major—USD $15.00 per course credit Nursing and Science majors—USD $20.00 per course credit Information Technology major—USD $35.00 per course credit



Dormitory Fees

Dormitory fees for students in the College of Theology, College of Agriculture, and the College of Health Sciences is USD $75.00 per semester.



Refund Policy

The United Methodist University has a direct deposit policy for the payment of tuition and school r elated fees . The financial institutions that the University work with have administrative fees that they charge the University. As the result, the University has determined the following refund scheme to be fair and equitable for both the University and students.



  • Before the first day of class, students will receive their full refund less 10% for administrative expenses.
  • After the first day of class to the end of Add and Drop, students will receive seventy five (75%) refund.
  • After Add and Drop, no student refund.


For students to qualify for refund as per the above repayment scheme, students must contact both the admissions and financial offices in wring. The students are also advised to contact their respective department chairperson and deans.



Unless otherwise stated, all scholarship recipients are expected to honor the University policy for payment.



Generally, tuition and school related fees for 18 credit hours per semester for the various colleges are as follows:

The Colleges of Agriculture, Education, Theology, Management and Administration, and Liberal and Fine Arts
Students enrolled in one of the above listed college, pay approximately between USD $300.00—$400.00 for 18 credit hours per semester inclusive of all school related fees.

College of Health Sciences
Students enrolled in the College of Health Sciences, pay approximately between USD $400.00-$500.00 for 18 credit hours per semester inclusive of all school related fees.

College of Science and Technology
Students in the departments of Biology, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics pay approximately between USD $560.00—$600.00 for 18 credit hours per semester inclusive of all school related fees.

Students enrolled in the Information Technology Department pay approximately between USD $700.00—$800.00 for 18 credit hours per semester inclusive of all school related fees and textbooks.

Newsletter Subscription

Subscription to United Methodist University newsletter list. All fields with an * are required.

UNITED METHODIST UNIVERSITY

Vision: The vision/goal of the University is to prepare a new generation of men and women schooled on the African continent to build nations that are spiritually, socially, economically and politically independent and self-sustaining.

Mission: The mission of the University is to provide quality education within a Pan African context through which persons can acquire general professional knowledge and skills within the framework of Christian values and ethics.

CONTACT US

LIBERIA ADDRESS

The United Methodist University
508-C-17 Centennial Area, Ashmun Street
1000 Monrovia 10, Liberia, West Africa

Hotline: +231 886-465-205/+231-777-876-384

USA Contact

UNITED STATES ADDRESS

The United Methodist University@
Trinity United Methodist Church
375 Broad Street
Providence, Rhode Island 02907

Hotline: (401) 696 7564/+231-886-780-067/+231-777-780-067