Oﬃce of Religious Aﬀairs
The Oﬃce of Religious Aﬀairs is headed by the Chaplain of the University. The Chaplain’s Oﬃce engages in several programs to support students at the University.
The University conducts weekly chapel services on Wednesdays from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m. for the entire University Community. Given the significance attached to these services, there are no classes schedule on Wednesdays from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m. The Chapel Services are held in the ediﬁce of the First United Methodist Church.
Students of various denominations are encouraged to organize themselves into Christian Fellowships such as The Wesleyan Foundation, Meet the Challenge, Federation of Liberian Youth (FLY), the YMCA/YWCA, among others.
The University Choir
The University has an outstanding choir that allows students to share their musical talents with the larger school community and others. Students who are members of the University Choir are provided with limited ﬁnancial support.
Counseling Students are encouraged to visit the Oﬃce of Religious Aﬀairs to receive counseling and prayers for their studies, jobs, marriages, sicknesses, bereavement, among others.
Facts and Figures
- Established 1998
- 169 administrative and support staff
- 355 teaching part-time and full-time staff
- 30 diploma, undergraduate and graduate programs
- 6 colleges
- A Graduate School of Technology
- 5000 plus students
- 61% Female enrollment
- 39% Male enrollment
- 4 campuses
- Affiliating Universities/Organizations
- Association of Liberian Universities
- Association of African University
- African Association of Methodist Institutions of Higher Education
- African Association of United Methodist Theological Institutions
- The International Association of Methodist Schools, Colleges, and Universities
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business